Docking some

Under the new technologies (at least new to me), comes Docker.  I have been playing with Docker on and off for a good bit now.  I don't think I really got it until JavaOne last October.

I have created a couple of cool use cases since then that I think ultimately will really help our organization.

My most recent find is the Informix image created by IBM which can be found here.  Now that I have a few containers up and running with some real data, I am trying to learn more about best practices for such use cases.

Certainly getting the container running, importing a database, and running it is not difficult but specifically what the automation of all of the above looks like in production is not quite clear to me yet...but I think I am close.

Happy DevOps-ing,
Carl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ClassCastException: JAXB

Minishift on HyperV

Parallel to Lincoln's angry letters never sent concept...