I have been playing with JavaFX in NetBeans a bit lately. When I tried to run an app without the development environment I was presented with an (ugly) message which said I needed to install the JavaFX runtime. I was not able to find instructions on how to do this quickly so I thought I would post my solution.
JavaFX 2.x runtime on OS X
- Get JavaFX 2.x from Oracle if you don't already have it handy (my current version is installed in /opt/javafx-sdk2.1.0-beta)
- Find "JAVA_HOME" - this can be done using this command: /usr/libexec/java_home
- My JAVA_HOME is /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
- Copy the JavaFX runtime files to the JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed directory
- Given my settings after changing to JAVA_HOME I used this command: