I have been playing with JavaFX in NetBeans a bit lately. When I tried to run an app without the development environment I was presented with an (ugly) message which said I needed to install the JavaFX runtime. I was not able to find instructions on how to do this quickly so I thought I would post my solution.

JavaFX 2.x runtime on OS X
  1. Get JavaFX 2.x from Oracle if you don't already have it handy (my current version is installed in /opt/javafx-sdk2.1.0-beta)
  2. Find "JAVA_HOME" - this can be done using this command: /usr/libexec/java_home
  3. My JAVA_HOME is /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
  4. Copy the JavaFX runtime files to the JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed directory
  5. Given my settings after changing to JAVA_HOME I used this command:
sudo cp /opt/javafx-sdk2.1.0-beta/rt/lib/* lib/endorsed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ClassCastException: JAXB

Minishift on HyperV

Parallel to Lincoln's angry letters never sent concept...