Getting JavaFX going on NetBeans on OS X

First off JavaFX, like many features in NetBeans, is disabled by default. The first time you create or open an existing JavaFX project it will be enabled.

Unfortunately, at least for now, there's no way I could find to add JavaFX to an existing Java platform. Here's a workable solution:

create another "Java Platform" (sort of)
I created a symbolic link to the current platform and appended _javafx to the name
Specifically from the directory /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
I did "sudo ln -s 1.6.0.jdk 1.6.0.jdk_javafx"

Then from within NetBeans

Tools->Java Platforms
Add Platform
choose directory pointed to by newly created symbolic link (in my case /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk_javafx/Contents/Home)

Now that we have a newly created Java Platform (albeit a copy of the other one) we get the JavaFX option tab
Because I unzipped my javafx to /opt I used these values:

JavaFX SDK: /opt/javafx-sdk2.0.2-beta
JavaFX Runtime: /opt/javafx-sdk2.0.2-beta/rt

That's it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ClassCastException: JAXB

Minishift on HyperV

Parallel to Lincoln's angry letters never sent concept...