End of an Era

Given that I have been staying up a bit later than usual in recent weeks to watch my Red Sox successful quest to win another title, my schedule has been slightly off.

Among other items, I almost missed the fact that Roger Brinkley recorded his last episode of the Java Spotlight Podcast.

The episode, number 150, is a particularly good one IMHO because it's an interview with James Gosling.  Certainly some of what was asked and answered is not necessarily news but it is a very nicely done casual interview with one of our industry greats.  Hearing his perspective and knowing he is happily coding mostly Java using NetBeans made me smile.  Being a positive guy and wanting relative peace and harmony in our field, not to mention the world in general, I really appreciated hearing James say that he feels Oracle has been a good steward of Java.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think because many, including James, did not expect it, the FUD-effect has lingered.  When James Gosling speaks, (Java) programmers listen and I imagine this will help move things nicely along even more.

If you have not heard it yet, this episode, and the podcast in general, is worth your time.

Happy coding,
Carl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ClassCastException: JAXB

Minishift on HyperV

Parallel to Lincoln's angry letters never sent concept...